Cedar Point is known for a couple of things. It’s known as the roller coaster capital of the world. But some just refer to Cedar Point as the world’s best amusement park. Cedar Point is an amusement park that brings people together through thrills. With 120-mph roller coasters that have 80-degree drops. An amusement park that, on top of roller coasters, has exhilarating thrill rides. An amusement park that has rides for the entire family and gives you water rides that make you wonder why it’s simply only the roller coaster capital of the world. And, of course, Cedar Point amusement park gives you great dining. What else would you expect from the roller coaster capital of the world? Or, as some say, the best amusement park in the world. Cedar Point is the place to strengthen family bonds and stomachs. Cedar Point. Thrills Connect.
Whats Happening at Cedar Point Right Now!
The 21st Annual HalloWeekends Returns This Weekend
More than 20 new frightening features will debut at Cedar Point’s HalloWeekends, back again for seven weekends full of frights, fall delights and mysterious midway lights. Six haunted mazes, six outdoor fright zones, a spectacular parade and Halloween-themed experiences, shows and rides are all waiting to be explored.
The Great Pumpkin Fest
HalloWeekends isn’t all scary. Every Saturday and Sunday, special activities and attractions are available just for young kids and families from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. Several new surprises are here, including:
- Hexed Spellbound – The witches inside the Hexed haunted maze have toned down their spells so the young ones can experience this mesmerizing space without all the scares.
- Camp Spooky – In addition to the rides that parents and children can experience together, this special section of the park is one of three massive kids’ areas, and it’s decorated just for HalloWeekends.
- The Magical House on Boo Hill – This year, new mystery surprises await children who enter this not-so-scary maze.
- Monster Under My Bed – The cast of this show explores the possibility of what could be lurking underneath the bed. It’s a fun adventure that’s geared just for kids.
- Spooky Snoopy Eye Spy – One of many activities available, kids can help Snoopy in his quest to find spooky-fun objects.
- Pigpen’s Corn Box – Thousands and thousands of corn kernels make up this sandbox-like play area for kids.
Other favorites at The Great Pumpkin Fest are back, like The Great Pumpkin Parade, Sally’s Craft Corner, Woodstock’s Crazy Cornstalks, Count Snooptacula’s Costume Contest & Show and more.
Haunt at HalloWeekends
When night falls, the park transforms into a haunted haven where Screamsters and other creatures roam freely to terrorize park guests, and these new attractions are ready for brave souls to explore:
- Deprivation – Guests can attempt to find their way out of this maze enveloped in total darkness. Inside, special features will test fears of claustrophobia, strange sounds, uncomfortable textures and unidentified creatures of the night.
- Fearground Freakshow – This new maze is a journey into the strange and bizarre world of the creatures that travel with the circus. While the big top is the star of the show, the real “performances” take place on its surrounding grounds.
- Harvest Fear – Guests can experience a bountiful harvest fair gone awry in FrontierTown. When Haunt takes over, the townsfolk will invite guests to stay and celebrate for an eternity.
- Midnight Syndicate Live – Horror music-makers Midnight Syndicate return to HalloWeekends in the Jack Aldrich Theatre to perform their macabre masterpieces live on stage. Along with their haunting music, a few surprises in the show will leave guests spooked and startled.
Several of the park’s rides are transformed for HalloWeekends, including Ocean Potion (normally Ocean Motion) with special water effects surrounding the swinging boat.
Cedar Creek Mystic Mine Ride (normally Cedar Creek Mine Ride) will take riders through a covered, mysterious shed just before they climb the first lift hill.
Near the Magnum XL-200, Witches’ Wheel will feature a haunting soundtrack and unique lighting while just down the midway on The Friendly Monster (normally Monster), guests will see spooky eyes on each car and hear special music while riding.
Everything Pumpkin & Much More
Back again is the HalloWeekends Pumpkin Spectacular, a massive display of more than 1,000 carved pumpkins that light up along the Top Thrill Dragster Midway. New food shacks throughout the park will serve a variety of fall favorites, like pumpkin-flavored dessert treats at Pumpkin-palooza, delicious corn-on-the-cob at Amaize-ing Corn and custom-topped baked potatoes at Spooky Spuds.
Guests looking for even more unique dining options can enjoy Boeckling’s Banquet, a fine dining experience inside the Eerie Estate haunted maze. Or, the Night of the Living Fed all-you-can-eat meal gives guests a variety of food options at an affordable price as Screamsters roam and dine throughout the specially-decorated room.
There’s a monster amount of additional attractions, shows and experiences to see at HalloWeekends, taking over Cedar Point every Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 15 through Oct. 29. Special overnight packages are available that include Early Entry and discounted park admission. To plan a visit and learn more about the event, guests can log onto halloweekends.com.
Fun for the Whole Family
Saturdays and Sundays from September 16 – October 29
Enjoy not-so-scary fall activities, your favorite rides and attractions, live entertainment and more!
Haunt at HalloWeekends
Fear is Waiting for You
Friday and Saturday Nights from September 15 – October 28
Survive immersive mazes, spine-tingling scare zones, thrilling shows and more.