What is your favorite thing about fall? Pumpkin patches, hayrides and apple cider? Lafayette-West Lafayette is home to a host of fun fall activities for you and your family and friends. Enjoy this list of 25 fall activities in Greater Lafayette!
- Get lost in a corn maze at Exploration Acres.
- Stock up on honey, jams and jellies at Wea Creek Orchard.
- Fall hike at Prophetstown State Park.
- Learn how to cook with heirloom apples at The Farm at Prophetstown.
- Ride the Pumpkin Vine Express at Kent’s Cucurbits.
- Go pie crazy tasting all the fall flavored pies from Sweet Revolution Bake Shop.
- Scavenger leaf hunt at the Purdue Arboretum.
- Spine tingling, scary haunted Adams Mill.
- Fall camping at one of six local campgrounds.
- Best fresh fall produce at the Historic Downtown Farmers Market, West Lafayette Farmers Market and the Purdue Farmers Market.
- Munch on candy corn from McCord Candies.
- Stock up on your favorite comfort food casserole from Homestead.
- Pick out your favorite scarecrow at the Trail of Scarecrows at Prophetstown State Park.
- Spookily howl in the night at Wolf Park.
- Pumpkin pickin’ at Exploration Acres and Wea Creek Orchard.
- What’s fall without s’mores around a fire? Grills at local parks, local campgrounds and Exploration Acres fire pits!
- Enjoy the fresh autumn air during a stroll through the Haan Museum Sculpture Garden.
- What amphibians and birds can you find at the Celery Bog in the fall? Visit and find out!
- Sip on cranberry wine at Wildcat Creek Winery. (21+)
- Cheers to St. Boniface Germanfest beer at People’s Brewing Company (21+), yaktoberfest beer at Teay’s Brewing Company & frosty pumpkin wheat ale at Crasian Brewing Company (21+).
- Bite into a pumpkin spice cake donut from Mary Lou Donuts.
- Sit back and enjoy a hayride through Wea Creek Orchard.
- Pick ripe, delicious apples as well as search for your favorite pumpkin at Smith Farms.
- Purdue football! Cheer on our Boilermakers at a Purdue football game this season.
- Grab a 2021 Public Art Trail Guide and explore over 115 pieces of public art.
Indiana Byways Passport
Indiana’s seven historic and scenic byways have teamed up to create the Indiana Byways Passport. The passport gives you a guide as you explore the byways, collecting unique stamps from the various locations along the route. Officially endorsed as a Legacy Project of the Indiana Bicentennial, there is no better way to see the Hoosier State. This trip idea is a sampling of the highlights listed in the passport. You can get your passport at any of the stops listed and collect your stamps at your own pace! Founded in 2008, the Wabash River Scenic Byway celebrates Indiana’s scenic and historical heritage along the Wabash River. A perfect combination of history, art and nature, Indiana’s newest byway is the best way to experience western Indiana. Start your journey at the Lafayette-West Lafayette Visitors Center before experiencing Indiana history and natural beauty at Prophetstown State Park and Tippecanoe Battlefield Park. Visit the first permanent fortified European settlement in Indiana at Fort Ouiatenon Park & Historic Site.
Feel artsy? Check out All Fired Up, a paint-your-own pottery studio, where you pick out an unfinished piece of pottery, decorate it to your heart’s desire, finish it with a glaze to be fired in the studio, and in less than a week, your pottery will be finished and ready for pick-up!
More art fun! Head to Painting with a Twist and explore your creative side at this art studio. With the assistance of a teacher providing step by step instruction, your blank 16×20 canvas will become a beautiful painting!
Golf anyone? Check out Monster Mini Golf, an indoor 18-hole glow-in-the-dark golf course. Along with mini golf, there are arcade games, glow-in-the-dark air hockey table and ticket redemption games such as ice ball. While there are monsters all around the course, none of them jump out at you!
Bowling fever! Lafayette-West Lafayette has 4 bowling centers all awaiting guests to enjoy this inexpensive, family fun entertainment; Mike Aulby’s Arrowhead Bowl, Market Square Lanes, Purdue Union Rack & Roll, and Landmark Lanes.
You have 60 minutes. Can your family break out? Mission: Breakout is an escape game adventure brought to life. Players are “locked” in a themed room and have to work together with other players to solve clues, to work on puzzles, and to find the key to breakout before time runs out!
For more information about our area and other family attractions please visit www.HomeOfPurdue.com.