ONE DAYTONA, the new retail, dining and entertainment district located across from Daytona International Speedway features restaurants, shopping, galleries, arcade, bowling, movies, live music and more.
Daytona Lagoon Waterpark reopens for a new season on weekends starting March 15 with two new slides – the Shaka Halfpipie and Kraken’s Revenge – and a new wave maker in Castaway Wave Pool. The Family Entertainment Center is open daily and offers laser tag, arcade, go-karts, Sky Maze, rock wall, and more.
Families will find hands on learning experiences for children of all ages at both the Museum of Arts & Sciences in Daytona Beach (with its own children’s museum) and Marine Science Center in Ponce Inlet.
Adventure activities abound for families looking for fun with the help of an expert guide or rental equipment including bicycling, ziplining, fishing, surfing, parasailing, paddle boarding, kayaking, jet skis, boats and more.
In Ponce Inlet, families can climb 203 steps to the top Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, Florida’s tallest, and explore the museum along with nearby beaches, nature trails, waterfront dining, eco tours, watersports, boats and more.
Downtown Daytona Beach has many hidden gems including a dinner river cruise, Daytona Magic Shop and Daytona Arcade Museum. Stroll among these and other unique shops and eateries along the historic riverfront.
Indulge your sweet tooth at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier in Zeno’s Boardwalk Sweet Shop (est. 1948), which also gives free factory tours at its factory in South Daytona. Chocolate lovers won’t want to miss free tours (and samples!) at Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory, located in downtown Daytona Beach since the 1940s.
Information about these family-friendly events and more can be found at DaytonaBeach.com/events:
- March 22-23 Reach the Beach National Cheerleading Championship at the Ocean Center and Bandshell
- March 22-24 Spring Turkey Run car show at Daytona International Speedway
- March 29-31 Florida Federation of Colorguards Circuit Championships at the Ocean Center
- April 3-7 National Cheer and Dance Championships at the Ocean Center, Bandshell and Peabody Auditorium
- April 6 Lighthouse Day at Ponce Inlet Lighthouse
- April 12-14 Jackie Robinson Weekend with the Daytona Tortugas at Jackie Robinson Ballpark
- April 12-14 USA BMX Florida State Championships, Strickland BMX Park
- April 13 Eggstravaganza Easter Celebration, downtown Daytona Beach
- April 13-14 P1AquaX Daytona Beach Grand Prix jet ski competition on beach at Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach
- April 13-14 Celtic Festival at The Casements
- April 17-18 Turtle Tots at Marine Science Center
- April 19-21 Pokemon Regional Championship-Daytona Beach at the Ocean Center
- April 20 Easter Beach Run 4-mile race and 2-mile run/walk at the Daytona Beach Bandshell
- April 22-28 Jeep Beach enthusiasts national gathering
Experience endless adventures in the Daytona Beach area, a destination comprised of eight distinct communities offering visitors the perfect beach base camp to explore Florida’s East Coast. With 23 miles of world-famous beaches ideal for swimming, surfing and serenity, it is no surprise TripAdvisor ranked Daytona Beach a 2018 Best Weekend Getaway, a 10 Most Affordable Beach Vacation on Florida’s East Coast and 1 of 25 Most Popular Summer Vacation Rental Spots in the US. Visitors can enjoy experiences beyond the beach by choosing from a surprising list of outdoor adventures, family-friendly attractions, arts and cultural venues and a colorful culinary scene. Recognized worldwide for Bike Week, Biketoberfest®, the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA and the DAYTONA 500, Daytona Beach’s famed heritage also claims the headquarters of LPGA and NASCAR — and is home to Daytona International Speedway, the ‘World Center of Racing.’ The destination boasts more than 200 different places to stay offering accommodations for all lifestyles and budgets from 4-star resorts to hotels, B&Bs and everything in between.
Submitted by Kate Holcomb, APR
Daytona Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau