www.GoRVing.com has everything you need in one place to plan your summer adventure:
- Where to rent an RV & how much it costs
- Dealerships near you and the different types of RVs for every lifestyle
- A search engine of more than 18,000 campgrounds ranging from luxury to rustic, family-friendly to seniors only, pet friendly, beaches, mountains, wineries, adventure-focused and everything in between
- What to pack from home and what to buy on the road or at the campground
- Tailgating tips, road trip games, sample menus and stories from fellow RV campers to help you with your trip!
During the COVID-19 crisis, RVing continues to be the best alternative to traditional vacation options, especially in a time when the emotional and health-aspects of travel play a significant role.
Reasons given for the increase in RV travel:
- Continue to social distance and still be on a vacation
- Control the comfort level and cleanliness of your environment
- Bring all the items you want from home (linens, toys, bikes, etc.)
- Allow children to play outdoors after months of being sheltered at home
- Detach from technology & connect with nature
- Control what you eat and when without having to go to a restaurant
- Bring your pets with you (they’ve gotten use to you being home 24/7)!
- Continue to strengthen family bonds
- Low gas prices makes RV camping appealing
- Having your own space, bathroom, amenities allows for limited contact with others
Facts & Stats with Sources:
RV Industry Association & Ipsos Survey on Covid-19 & Vacation Trends:
46 Million Americans will go RV camping this year
- 26% of 18-34-year-olds want to go RVing this year
- RV travel bested all other options including tent camping, cruising; car & hotel stay and air & hotel stay.
RV Dealers Association:
Dealers nationwide are reporting anywhere from a 90% to 600% jump in sales since the shutdown, with many of their clients being first time RV buyers.
Rentals are up 300% from this time last year – while some RV rental dealers are showing a 600% increase!
Kampgrounds of America (KOA) Covid-19 Survey:
- 32% of leisure travelers who’ve never camped before want to try RVing
- 70% said that they plan to camp close to home
- 68% are willing to travel to less popular locations to avoid overcrowding