Ohio’s northeastern region rises up from the shores of Lake Erie and blooms with ethnic neighborhoods, the Rock and Roll and Pro Football Halls of Fame and Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It stretches beyond suburban areas into rolling hills where highways dissolve into country roads, vineyards and horse & buggy traffic. Basically, people live and create the way they want to here, and it makes for an amazingly diverse, authentic set of experiences.
There are a HUGE variety of Indoor Play Centers in Northeast Ohio and many offer weekly events and special play times for toddlers through elementary school kids. If you are near Avon Lake you can visit the Avon Lake DiscoveryWorks activity area. There is one area designed for infants through age 7, and another Tweens area for age 8 and older. Get in FREE to the Akron Art Museum on Thursdays or visit the Cleveland Art Museum which is FREE everyday of the week. When in Canton, take advantage of a free tour at the Harry London’s Chocolate Factory and sample the goods.
5 Places You Can’t Miss . . .
- Reenact scenes from the classic holiday movie, “A Christmas Story” at the Christmas Story House & Museum in Cleveland! Be sure to visit the museum to see tons of props from the movie and perhaps purchase a leg lamp for someone deserving on your shopping list.
- Laughs, smiles and rosy cheeks are guaranteed as you race down the tallest, fastest chutes at The Chalet at The Millstream Run Recreation Area. You will get your heart pumping walking up 108 steps again and again to speed down the twin, 700-foot refrigerated ice chutes. Operating with or without snow through early March, weather permitting. For more information, call 440-572-9990.
- It is time for the Cleveland Botanical Garden’s annual Orchid Mania, one of the world’s most exotic and beautiful flowers. This year’s show offers you a window into the hidden beauty of secret gardens, where private paradises brimming with orchids will be uncovered. More than a thousand orchid flowers in every shape, size, scent and color will hang gracefully in the halls and glasshouses of the Botanical Garden, creating exotic and alluring encounters to warm your winter.
- Enjoy wining, dining and lodging at its finest with our the two night Wine Excursion Package at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake. This package Includes two night accommodations, Wine shuttle on one day for two people to local wineries, 1 wine tasting tray at a local winery, wine tasting flight in Horizons Restaurant for two, breakfast for two each morning. >MORE
- Cross Country Skiing at Quail Hollow Park, located in Hartville, offers cross country skiing on their gently rolling terrain of meadows, woods and bridle trails. Rentals are available when the ground is frozen. The rental shop is located in the lower level of the Manor House. Hours are Saturday, 10AM – 4PM and Sunday, 12PM – 4PM. Group rentals are also available during the week upon request. For more information and trail conditions contact the State Park at 330-877-6652.