As our summer season comes to an end, question arise: “Is the fall still a fun time to come to Tybee? Is there still a lot to do? Are the restaurants still open? Can I still go to the beach?” The answers are a resounding “YES!”. Here’s why.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO IN THE OFF-SEASON?
Fabulous dolphin and sunset tours with Captain Mike as seen from the deck of a comfortable boat.
- Do a Georgia Sea Kayak Tour. What a wonderful and relaxing way to see the uninhabited islands and natural waterways around Tybee.
- Rent bikes from Tim’s Beach Gear or Fat Tire Bikes. Tybee is 3 miles end to end and bikes are a wonderful way to see everything!
- Tybee Golf carts! Slow down and enjoy the sights. Electric carts give our environment a break and most of our cottages have easy plug-in access.
- The beach! Sunrises, morning walks or bike rides, midday sit-and-soak time, beautiful early evening walks and sunsets, or a moonlight stroll makes any time beach time!
- See a birds eye view of our beautiful island from the top of the Tybee Island Lighthouse. Step across the street to walk thru the Museumand learn about Tybee’s long history dating back to the 1500s and why we fly 7 flags!
- Just about every month October- March there is a special parade or event! Piratefest, a huge Halloween block party, Christmas bike and boat parades, fireworks, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day… there’s family and group fun year round!
- Huc-A-Poos is a huge local favorite with pizza, beer, fun, music, and a lively scene, lunch thru dinner, 7 days a week. And it’s pet-friendly!
- Sting Rays has the BEST fried local shrimp compared to just about anywhere! It is known as the home of blue crabs, beach music and beer. Live entertainment with indoor and outdoor seating.
- McElwee’s is a longstanding local favorite ~ we love the steak smothered with crabmeat and mushrooms! What a treat!
- Dive right in to the Seafood Platter at The Crab Shack. They have the best sampler platter with broiled or steamed seafood. Let the little ones feed the alligators or visit the exotic bird habitat. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
- Key Lime Parrot is a great 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath family-friendly cottage minutes to the beach and across the street from kid-friendly Memorial Park which has a great playground, picnic and sports areas.
- Honeymooning? What better way to start a new love than with Old Love Cottage! 99 1/2 handholding steps to the beach, it’s the perfect couple getaway cottage.
- Multi-family home? Southern Cross is perfect! 4 bedroom, 3 baths, 2 living rooms on two levels, lots of separate gathering areas for different family fun. It’s perfect for several couples or two families or multi-generational families and is pet-friendly, too.
Call 912-655-6525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.