Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks, Orlando – Theme Park Capital of the World® is the No. 1 family vacation destination and the most visited destination in the United States. An unparalleled mix of unique experiences creates cherished memories for visitors, including legendary theme parks from Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld, an array of world-class water parks, entertainment venues, an award-winning food scene, shopping, sports, and nightlife. And, with 450 hotels, Orlando offers more lodging options than nearly any other destination in the world, from expansive resorts to uniquely themed hotels.
NEW Theme Park Thrills Await You!
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster is coming summer 2021 to Universal’s Islands of Adventure. As Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster, it will feature an original story with intense maneuvers sending riders catapulting up to 70 mph and over 150 feet in the air with the swiftest of prehistoric predators.
- Aquatica Orlando is scheduled to open Florida’s first dueling waterslide, Riptide Race, in 2021. Guests will race side-by-side at top speeds, navigating tight loops and accelerations through nearly 650 feet of splashing slides.
- A historic transformation of EPCOT is underway at Walt Disney World Resort with the latest update, a reimagined entrance fountain in front of Spaceship Earth. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is the newest attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and uses new technology to bring the cartoon world to life.
- The Flamingo Mingle at Discovery Cove is a new, exclusive animal experience where guests can feed and learn about flamingos in an outdoor setting.
- At LEGOLAND Florida Resort, the new Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show features a new female LEGO® pirater, original music and stunts from wakeboarding to ski pyramids. An all-new 4-D movie will also premiere spring 2021.
Beyond the Parks
Of course, it’s hard to think about visiting Orlando without the whole family. However, there should always be time allotted for a special getaway for the adults to relax after a full day at a theme park. If relaxation is the main requirement, make an appointment at The Spa Orlando on Edgewater Drive for a massage. There are Swedish Couples massages, couples spa pedicures, Aroma massages, and even 60-minute dermalogica facials. >MORE
- The Mall at Millenia is offering new, complimentary, two-hour Personal Stylist sessions, as well as Personal Shopping experiences that even include hotel delivery of purchases.
- For a taste of the Orlando cityscape, AC Hotel Orlando Downtown, just opened, with a sleek European-inspired design and the SkyBar Rooftop Terrace with 360° city views.
- As the first socially distanced music festival in the U.S. Dr. Phillip Center’s outdoor Frontyard Festival provides entertainment from musical concerts to comedy to audiences in innovative outdoor pods. Patrons can book a private, elevated box for up five people, spaced 6 feet apart, and can order food and drinks delivered to their box.
- The Museum of Illusions Orlando, a mind-bending “edutainment” experience offering 50 interactive, immersive and mentally deceptive exhibits based on math, science, and psychology, opened just this past winter.
For more information about how to enjoy the perfect extended weekend getaway to Orlando, visit VisitOrlando.com.